Saturday, February 6, 2010

February 6, 12010

Storyline:
This week during our storyline time we worked on creating our animals for the frieze. We watched a few video clips about some of our animals. It is my goal to have at least one video clip on each animal the children are studying. During our Writing Workshop time, we have been working on our research papers.

Schedule:
Our classroom schedule is changing on Monday. We will begin whole group reading time at 9:20 and reading groups will begin at 9:50. If you are going to drop you children off and stay at school, I will try to have things for you to do. I am hoping to start putting our Topic Books together and I may also have some recording work to do as well.

Valentine's Day:
I will be looking for parents to help with our Valentine's Day celebration. We will be partying with Ms. Doyle's 2/3 class. Like our parties in the past, we will decorate cookies in one room and complete a craft in the other room. This time, I get the cookie decorating and Ms. Doyle is in charge of the the craft. The activities will begin at 2:15 and go until 3:15. We will set up at 2:00. I am looking for 2 people in my room and 2 people for Ms. Doyle's room. Please let me know if you are willing to help!

As far as Valentines, we will be making Valentine Envelopes this week. I am asking that if your child plans on giving out cards/treats that they give them out to each child in the class. Below you will find a class list.

The Sparrow Club is selling Val-O-Grams. If you would like to purchase one, I believe they are for sale in the front office. The Val-O-Grams will be delivered in the afternoon of the 12th.

Class list:
Abby, Aidan, Audrey, Bronwyn, Carson, Chase, Gavin, Henry, Isabella, Jaden, Jake, Lauren, Maddie, Michael, Mimi, Sachi, Simon, Scarlett, Sam, Taleah, William

Have a great Sunday!
Becky