Saturday, October 10, 2009

Storyline/Volunteering

Good Evening Everyone!

Storyline:

I hope your kiddos had a great day today on our field trip.  All in storyline fashion (part of the incidence) many things went wrong today!  First, the bus driver did not know how to get to the High Desert Museum.  The children said to drive along the highway, up a big hill and to La PIne.  Luckily, I had a map!   Then when we got there, they were not open.  I had to go down and the front desk folks to please let us in and after much discussion, they let us in!  Finally, we didn't have enough money to get everyone in!  I tried to use my credit card, but I didn't have enough credit.  Thankfully, Mrs. Gross had her check book!  Once we got in, everything ran very smoothly.

Now, please know this was all staged.  We are setting the stage for the children for when they start completing there research.  More information will be coming home soon.    Please ask your children about the trip.  Ask them if anything went wrong and if they were going to go there again what would they do differently, before they went!

Thank you to all the volunteers today:  Mrs. Neumann, Mr.Leask, Mrs. Cornutt, Mrs. Cunningham, and Mrs. Grube.  They did an amazing job!!

Volunteering:
If you have signed up to volunteer in the classroom, we are beginning this week.  If you can't make it this week, please let me know.  If you have signed up for a split shift and I have not contacted you, please let me know when you will start coming in.

Have a nice evening!
Becky