Saturday, December 19, 2009

Good Morning Everyone,

Well, I thought I would send this out first thing so you would not be anxiously awaiting my weekly newsletter. First of all I would like to thank all of you for the wonderful gifts I received. They were all very thoughtful. We had a wonderful last two weeks at school, working on monsters and snowmen. This last week we worked on some holiday cards and gifts, watched the Polar Express, ate popcorn and drank (along with spilling) hot chocolate and eating candy canes. Of Course, we did work of reading, math and writing as well. Gifts Galore was a huge success as always. The children had a great time shopping for their families.... and themselves.
Craft day was amazing. You would think it would be crazy, but as I wondered the halls and walked through the classrooms, I saw multi-age children sitting, talking and working together. It was awesome.

I want to thank all of you for giving me the opportunity to work with your children. Each and everyone of them has something wonderful to contribute to our school family. Each has grown so much over the past few months. I feel extremely lucky to have the group of children I have this year. I know I will be missing them by the end of the break!


Oh, I almost forgot....
I sent home a math pack. It is not mandatory that your kiddos do the work, but it would be great to work review some of the pages. Also, I would really encourage reading over the break. So, please create another reading log for your kiddos and have them fill it out. (I just had to get some school work in over the break)

Have a wonderful, relaxing break,

Becky